Helen Betts – Holistic Therapist
Holistic Therapy is characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account emotional and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease. Whether you need Remedial Massage for an injury or post-operative care, a relaxing aromatherapy or Indian Head Massage or a Reflexology treatment, she caters for all ages with a wide variety of appointment times including early evenings. Appointments are available for 30 or 60 minutes.
Massage promotes relaxation and may help ease aches and pains. Massage is a general term – you may also come across the terms Swedish massage, sports massage and remedial massage. This list is not exhaustive: other forms of massage exist. Each type of Massage has its own specific methods.
Potential benefits of Massage are believed to include:
- Enhanced feelings of relaxation and contentment
- Relief from pain, e.g. back pain, stress and tension
- The release of endorphins, the body’s feel good hormones
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Increased energy levels and feelings of vitality
- Injury and post operative recovery
- A general sense of health and well-being
Reflexology is a popular and relaxing holistic treatment based on the principle that reflex points on the soles, tops and sides of the feet are connected to corresponding areas throughout the body. In this way, the feet can be seen as a “map” of the body. Reflexologists work on the reflex points with their thumbs and fingers using specialised massage techniques, said to help correct imbalances throughout the body, and help release blocked energy.
The potential benefits of Reflexology are believed to include:
- Reduced stress
- Feelings of deep relaxation
- Increased energy levels
- The release of endorphins, the feel good hormones (which can also provide pain relief)
- Improved circulation
- More efficient removal of impurities and toxins
- A stronger immune system A sense that the whole body is better balanced, or in harmony
Reflexology can also be offered as part of a massage or aromatherapy treatment.
Other therapies include: Sports massage, ear candling (Hopi) and massage for infants.
For further information contact Helen Betts on 01323 732030 or 07773 781671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org